Changing the face of farming in India
- Incorporating minerals into feeds and pond in aquaculture can increase both production and profits considerably.
- Balanced nutrition is essential for the normal functioning, increased immunity, disease resistance, maintenance and growth of every living being. The minerals present in nutrition help in absorption, reduce ingestion, improve digestion, and transport of nutrients as well as removal of waste. The dietary requirement of minerals is largely dependent on the mineral’s concentration of the aquatic environment in which the shrimp is being cultured.
- Minerals are crucial for aquaculture as they:
- Improve resistance to disease
- Reduce the stress
- Curb the loss of nutrients
- Suppress disease and enhance the yield